- (v. t.) To inflict harm in return for, as an injury, insult, etc.; to exact satisfaction for, under a sense of injury; to avenge; -- followed either by the wrong received, or by the person or thing wronged, as the object, or by the reciprocal pronoun as direct object, and a preposition before the wrong done or the wrongdoer.
- (v. t.) To inflict injury for, in a spiteful, wrong, or malignant spirit; to wreak vengeance for maliciously.
- (v. i.) To take vengeance; -- with
- (n.) The act of revenging; vengeance; retaliation; a returning of evil for evil.
- (n.) The disposition to revenge; a malignant wishing of evil to one who has done us an injury.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.