- (n.) A substance, of the consistence of butter or honey, taken from glands in the anal pouch of the civet (Viverra civetta). It is of clear yellowish or brownish color, of a strong, musky odor, offensive when undiluted, but agreeable when a small portion is mixed with another substance. It is used as a perfume.
- (n.) The animal that produces civet (Viverra civetta); -- called also civet cat. It is carnivorous, from two to three feet long, and of a brownish gray color, with transverse black bands and spots on the body and tail. It is a native of northern Africa and of Asia. The name is also applied to other species.
- (v. t.) To scent or perfume with civet.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: EVICT
- (v. t.) To dispossess by a judicial process; to dispossess by paramount right or claim of such right; to eject; to oust.
- (v. t.) To evince; to prove.