- (n.) A milky or colored juice in certain plants in cavities (called latex cells or latex tubes). It contains the peculiar principles of the plants, whether aromatic, bitter, or acid, and in many instances yields caoutchouc upon coagulation.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: EXALT
- (v. t.) To raise high; to elevate; to lift up.
- (v. t.) To elevate in rank, dignity, power, wealth, character, or the like; to dignify; to promote; as, to exalt a prince to the throne, a citizen to the presidency.
- (v. t.) To elevate by prise or estimation; to magnify; to extol; to glorify.
- (v. t.) To lift up with joy, pride, or success; to inspire with delight or satisfaction; to elate.
- (v. t.) To elevate the tone of, as of the voice or a musical instrument.
- (v. t.) To render pure or refined; to intensify or concentrate; as, to exalt the juices of bodies.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) The American badger.