- Anecdotes used to support moral points,used in medieval sermons
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: EXAMPLE
- (n.) One or a portion taken to show the character or quality of the whole; a sample; a specimen.
- (n.) That which is to be followed or imitated as a model; a pattern or copy.
- (n.) That which resembles or corresponds with something else; a precedent; a model.
- (n.) That which is to be avoided; one selected for punishment and to serve as a warning; a warning.
- (n.) An instance serving for illustration of a rule or precept, especially a problem to be solved, or a case to be determined, as an exercise in the application of the rules of any study or branch of science; as, in trigonometry and grammar, the principles and rules are illustrated by examples.
- (v. t.) To set an example for; to give a precedent for; to exemplify; to give an instance of; to instance.