- (v. i.) To be as a fact and not as a mode; to have an actual or real being, whether material or spiritual.
- (v. i.) To be manifest in any manner; to continue to be; as, great evils existed in his reign.
- (v. i.) To live; to have life or the functions of vitality; as, men can not exist water, nor fishes on land.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: EXITS
- The act of going out
- Pass from physical life and lose all bodily attributes and functions necessary to sustain life; "She died from cancer"; "The children perished in the fire"; "The patient went peacefully"; "The old guy kicked the bucket at the age of 102"
- An opening that permits escape or release;
- Lose the lead
- Euphemistic expressions for death; "thousands mourned his passing"
- Move out of or depart from; "leave the room"; "the fugitive has left the country"