Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: EXPRESSES
- Rapid transport of goods
- Public transport consisting of a fast train or bus that makes only a few scheduled stops; "he caught the express to New York"
- Mail that is distributed by a rapid and efficient system
- Articulate; either verbally or with a cry, shout, or noise; "She expressed her anger"; "He uttered a curse"
- Give expression to; "She showed her disappointment"
- Send by rapid transport or special messenger service; "She expressed the letter to Florida"
- Serve as a means for expressing something; "The painting of Mary carries motherly love"; "His voice carried a lot of anger"
- Indicate through a symbol, formula, etc.; "Can you express this distance in kilometers?"
- Obtain from a substance, as by mechanical action; "Italians express coffee rather than filter it"
- Manifest the effects of (a gene or genetic trait); "Many of the laboratory animals express the trait"