Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: EYAS
- (a.) Unfledged, or newly fledged.
- (n.) A nesting or unfledged bird; in falconry, a young hawk from the nest, not able to prey for itself.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (v. t.) At ease; free from pain, trouble, or constraint
- (v. t.) Free from pain, distress, toil, exertion, and the like; quiet; as, the patient is easy.
- (v. t.) Free from care, responsibility, discontent, and the like; not anxious; tranquil; as, an easy mind.
- (v. t.) Free from constraint, harshness, or formality; unconstrained; smooth; as, easy manners; an easy style.
- (v. t.) Not causing, or attended with, pain or disquiet, or much exertion; affording ease or rest; as, an easy carriage; a ship having an easy motion; easy movements, as in dancing.
- (v. t.) Not difficult; requiring little labor or effort; slight; inconsiderable; as, an easy task; an easy victory.
- (v. t.) Causing ease; giving freedom from care or labor; furnishing comfort; commodious; as, easy circumstances; an easy chair or cushion.
- (v. t.) Not making resistance or showing unwillingness; tractable; yielding; complying; ready.
- (v. t.) Moderate; sparing; frugal.
- (v. t.) Not straitened as to money matters; as, the market is easy; -- opposed to tight.
- An affirmative; "The yeas have it"