- (n.) An aerie.
- (a.) Aerial; ethereal; incorporeal; visionary.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: EYRA
- (n.) A wild cat (Felis eyra) ranging from southern Brazil to Texas. It is reddish yellow and about the size of the domestic cat, but with a more slender body and shorter legs.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) Ready; dexterous; eager; lively; quick to move.
- (adv.) Soon.
- (n.) The time of the apparent revolution of the sun trough the ecliptic; the period occupied by the earth in making its revolution around the sun, called the astronomical year; also, a period more or less nearly agreeing with this, adopted by various nations as a measure of time, and called the civil year; as, the common lunar year of 354 days, still in use among the Mohammedans; the year of 360 days, etc. In common usage, the year consists of 365 days, and every fourth year (called bissextile, or leap year) of 366 days, a day being added to February on that year, on account of the excess above 365 days (see Bissextile).
- (n.) The time in which any planet completes a revolution about the sun; as, the year of Jupiter or of Saturn.
- (n.) Age, or old age; as, a man in years.