Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: FAGOT
- (n.) A bundle of sticks, twigs, or small branches of trees, used for fuel, for raising batteries, filling ditches, or other purposes in fortification; a fascine.
- (n.) A bundle of pieces of wrought iron to be worked over into bars or other shapes by rolling or hammering at a welding heat; a pile.
- (n.) A bassoon. See Fagotto.
- (n.) A person hired to take the place of another at the muster of a company.
- (n.) An old shriveled woman.
- (v. t.) To make a fagot of; to bind together in a fagot or bundle; also, to collect promiscuously.