Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: FAILS
- Become bankrupt or insolvent; fail financially and close; "The toy company went bankrupt after the competition hired cheap Mexican labor"; "A number of banks failed that year"
- Fall short in what is expected; "She failed in her obligations as a good daughter-in-law"; "We must not fail his obligation to the victims of the Holocaust"
- Fail to get a passing grade; "She studied hard but failed nevertheless"; "Did I fail the test?"
- Judge unacceptable; "The teacher failed six students"
- Be unsuccessful; "Where do today's public schools fail?"; "The attempt to rescue the hostages failed miserably"
- Fail to do something; leave something undone; "She failed to notice that her child was no longer in his crib"; "The secretary failed to call the customer and the company lost the account"
- Be unable; "I fail to understand your motives"
- Get worse; "Her health is declining"
- Prove insufficient; "The water supply for th