Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: FAKE
- (n.) One of the circles or windings of a cable or hawser, as it lies in a coil; a single turn or coil.
- (n.) A trick; a swindle.
- (v. t.) To coil (a rope, line, or hawser), by winding alternately in opposite directions, in layers usually of zigzag or figure of eight form,, to prevent twisting when running out.
- (v. t.) To cheat; to swindle; to steal; to rob.
- (v. t.) To make; to construct; to do.
- (v. t.) To manipulate fraudulently, so as to make an object appear better or other than it really is; as, to fake a bulldog, by burning his upper lip and thus artificially shortening it.