Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: FALLS
- Suffer defeat, failure, or ruin; "We must stand or fall"; "fall by the wayside"
- Be cast down; "his eyes fell"
- Yield to temptation or sin; "Adam and Eve fell"
- Assume a disappointed or sad expression; "Her face fell when she heard that she would be laid off"; "his crest fell"
- The act of surrendering (usually under agreed conditions); "they were protected until the capitulation of the fort"
- Lose one's chastity; "a fallen woman"
- Fall or flow in a certain way; "This dress hangs well"; "Her long black hair flowed down her back"
- A sudden drop from an upright position; "he had a nasty spill on the ice"
- Touch or seem as if touching visually or audibly; "Light fell on her face"; "The sun shone on the fields"; "The light struck the golden necklace"; "A strange sound struck my ears"
- Move downward and lower, but not necessarily all the way; "The temperature is going down"; "The barometer is falling"; "The curt