Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: FANG
- (a.) To catch; to seize, as with the teeth; to lay hold of; to gripe; to clutch.
- (a.) To enable to catch or tear; to furnish with fangs.
- (v. t.) The tusk of an animal, by which the prey is seized and held or torn; a long pointed tooth; esp., one of the usually erectile, venomous teeth of serpents. Also, one of the falcers of a spider.
- (v. t.) Any shoot or other thing by which hold is taken.
- (v. t.) The root, or one of the branches of the root, of a tooth. See Tooth.
- (v. t.) A niche in the side of an adit or shaft, for an air course.
- (v. t.) A projecting tooth or prong, as in a part of a lock, or the plate of a belt clamp, or the end of a tool, as a chisel, where it enters the handle.
- (v. t.) The valve of a pump box.
- (v. t.) A bend or loop of a rope.