Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: FAVOR
- (n.) Kind regard; propitious aspect; countenance; friendly disposition; kindness; good will.
- (n.) The act of countenancing, or the condition of being countenanced, or regarded propitiously; support; promotion; befriending.
- (n.) A kind act or office; kindness done or granted; benevolence shown by word or deed; an act of grace or good will, as distinct from justice or remuneration.
- (n.) Mildness or mitigation of punishment; lenity.
- (n.) The object of regard; person or thing favored.
- (n.) A gift or represent; something bestowed as an evidence of good will; a token of love; a knot of ribbons; something worn as a token of affection; as, a marriage favor is a bunch or knot of white ribbons or white flowers worn at a wedding.
- (n.) Appearance; look; countenance; face.
- (n.) Partiality; bias.
- (n.) A letter or epistle; -- so called in civility or compliment; as, your favor of yesterday is received.
- (n.) Love locks.
- (n.) To regard with kindness; to support; to aid, or to have the disposition to aid, or to wish success to; to be propitious to; to countenance; to treat with consideration or tenderness; to show partiality or unfair bias towards.
- (n.) To afford advantages for success to; to facilitate; as, a weak place favored the entrance of the enemy.
- (n.) To resemble in features; to have the aspect or looks of; as, the child favors his father.