- (p. p.) Skimmed.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: FELT
- Imp. & p. p. / a. from Feel.
- (imp. & p. p.) of Feel
- (n.) A cloth or stuff made of matted fibers of wool, or wool and fur, fulled or wrought into a compact substance by rolling and pressure, with lees or size, without spinning or weaving.
- (n.) A hat made of felt.
- (n.) A skin or hide; a fell; a pelt.
- (v. t.) To make into felt, or a feltike substance; to cause to adhere and mat together.
- (v. t.) To cover with, or as with, felt; as, to felt the cylinder of a steam emgine.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (imp. & p. p.) of Leave
- (imp. & p. p.) of Leave.
- (a.) Of or pertaining to that side of the body in man on which the muscular action of the limbs is usually weaker than on the other side; -- opposed to right, when used in reference to a part of the body; as, the left hand, or arm; the left ear. Also said of the corresponding side of the lower animals.
- (n.) That part of surrounding space toward which the left side of one's body is turned; as, the house is on the left when you face North.
- (n.) Those members of a legislative assembly (as in France) who are in the opposition; the advanced republicans and extreme radicals. They have their seats at the left-hand side of the presiding officer. See Center, and Right.