- (v. i.) To burn with an unsteady or waving flame; as, the candle flares.
- (v. i.) To shine out with a sudden and unsteady light; to emit a dazzling or painfully bright light.
- (v. i.) To shine out with gaudy colors; to flaunt; to be offensively bright or showy.
- (v. i.) To be exposed to too much light.
- (v. i.) To open or spread outwards; to project beyond the perpendicular; as, the sides of a bowl flare; the bows of a ship flare.
- (n.) An unsteady, broad, offensive light.
- (n.) A spreading outward; as, the flare of a fireplace.
- (n.) Leaf of lard.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: FERAL
- (a.) Wild; untamed; ferine; not domesticated; -- said of beasts, birds, and plants.
- (a.) Funereal; deadly; fatal; dangerous.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (v. t. & i.) See Fleer.
- (n.) A word or look of derision or mockery.
- (n.) A grin of civility; a leer.