Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: FERMENTS
- Go sour or spoil; "The milk has soured"; "The wine worked"; "The cream has turned--we have to throw it out"
- Cause to undergo fermentation; "We ferment the grapes for a very long time to achieve high alcohol content"; "The vintner worked the wine in big oak vats"
- A process in which an agent causes an organic substance to break down into simpler substances; especially, the anaerobic breakdown of sugar into alcohol
- Work up into agitation or excitement; "Islam is fermenting Africa"
- A state of agitation or turbulent change or development; "the political ferment produced new leadership"; "social unrest"
- Be in an agitated or excited state; "The Middle East is fermenting"; "Her mind ferments"
- A substance capable of bringing about fermentation