- Serve as food for; be the food for; "This dish feeds six"
- Feed into; supply; "Her success feeds her vanity"
- Provide as food; "Feed the guests the nuts"
- Gratify; "feed one's eyes on a gorgeous view"
- Profit from in an exploitatory manner; "He feeds on her insecurity"
- Move along, of liquids; "Water flowed into the cave"; "the Missouri feeds into the Mississippi"
- Support or promote; "His admiration fed her vanity"
- Introduce continuously; "feed carrots into a food processor"
- Food for domestic livestock
- Provide with fertilizers or add nutrients to; "We should fertilize soil if we want to grow healthy plants"
- Give food to; "Feed the starving children in India"; "don't give the child this tough meat"
- Take in food; used of animals only; "This dog doesn't eat certain kinds of meat"; "What do whales eat?"
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.