- (n.) The head or leader of any body of men; a commander, as of an army; a head man, as of a tribe, clan, or family; a person in authority who directs the work of others; the principal actor or agent.
- (n.) The principal part; the most valuable portion.
- (n.) The upper third part of the field. It is supposed to be composed of the dexter, sinister, and middle chiefs.
- (a.) Highest in office or rank; principal; head.
- (a.) Principal or most eminent in any quality or action; most distinguished; having most influence; taking the lead; most important; as, the chief topic of conversation; the chief interest of man.
- (a.) Very intimate, near, or close.
Stuck on a crossword puzzle or Wordle answer?
Enter the word you are trying to solve in the box below, using question marks in place of the letter(s) you don't know.
New! You can also search for definitions and anagrams by typing in a word without any question marks.
Definitions for: FICHE
- (a.) See FitchE.