- (v. t.) To sell upon credit, as goods.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: FIRST
- (a.) Preceding all others of a series or kind; the ordinal of one; earliest; as, the first day of a month; the first year of a reign.
- (a.) Foremost; in front of, or in advance of, all others.
- (a.) Most eminent or exalted; most excellent; chief; highest; as, Demosthenes was the first orator of Greece.
- (adv.) Before any other person or thing in time, space, rank, etc.; -- much used in composition with adjectives and participles.
- (n.) The upper part of a duet, trio, etc., either vocal or instrumental; -- so called because it generally expresses the air, and has a preeminence in the combined effect.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- A personal or social separation (as between opposing factions); "they hoped to avoid a break in relations"
- A narrow fissure in rock
- A gap between cloud masses; "the sun shone through a rift in the clouds"