Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: FIXES
- Make fixed, stable or stationary; "let's fix the picture to the frame"
- Informal terms for a difficult situation; "he got into a terrible fix"; "he made a muddle of his marriage"
- Decide upon or fix definitely; "fix the variables"; "specify the parameters"
- Take vengeance on or get even; "We'll get them!"; "That'll fix him good!"; "This time I got him"
- Cause to be firmly attached; "fasten the lock onto the door"; "she fixed her gaze on the man"
- Put (something somewhere) firmly; "She posited her hand on his shoulder"; "deposit the suitcase on the bench"; "fix your eyes on this spot"
- Set or place definitely; "Let's fix the date for the party!"
- Prepare for eating by applying heat; "Cook me dinner, please"; "can you make me an omelette?"; "fix breakfast for the guests, please"
- Influence an event or its outcome by illegal means; "fix a race"
- Make infertile; "in some countries, people with genetically tran