Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: FLAP
- (n.) To beat with a flap; to strike.
- (n.) To move, as something broad and flaplike; as, to flap the wings; to let fall, as the brim of a hat.
- (v.) Anything broad and limber that hangs loose, or that is attached by one side or end and is easily moved; as, the flap of a garment.
- (v.) A hinged leaf, as of a table or shutter.
- (v.) The motion of anything broad and loose, or a stroke or sound made with it; as, the flap of a sail or of a wing.
- (v.) A disease in the lips of horses.
- (v. i.) To move as do wings, or as something broad or loose; to fly with wings beating the air.
- (v. i.) To fall and hang like a flap, as the brim of a hat, or other broad thing.