Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: FLAPS
- Any broad thin and limber covering attached at one edge; hangs loose or projects freely; "he wrote on the flap of the envelope"
- A movable airfoil that is part of an aircraft wing; used to increase lift or drag
- A movable piece of tissue partly connected to the body
- The motion made by flapping up and down
- An excited state of agitation; "he was in a dither"; "there was a terrible flap about the theft"
- Pronounce with a flap, of alveolar sounds
- Make a fuss; be agitated
- Move noisily; "flags flapped in the strong wind"
- Move in a wavy pattern or with a rising and falling motion; "The curtains undulated"; "the waves rolled towards the beach"
- Move with a flapping motion; "The bird's wings were flapping"
- Move with a thrashing motion; "The bird flapped its wings"; "The eagle beat its wings and soared high into the sky"