- Any of various lithe-bodied roundheaded fissiped mammals, many with retractile claws
Stuck on a crossword puzzle or Wordle answer?
Enter the word you are trying to solve in the box below, using question marks in place of the letter(s) you don't know.
New! You can also search for definitions and anagrams by typing in a word without any question marks.
Definitions of: FLIED
- (n.) Cleared land; land suitable for tillage or pasture; cultivated ground; the open country.
- (n.) A piece of land of considerable size; esp., a piece inclosed for tillage or pasture.
- (n.) A place where a battle is fought; also, the battle itself.
- (n.) An open space; an extent; an expanse.
- (n.) Any blank space or ground on which figures are drawn or projected.
- (n.) The space covered by an optical instrument at one view.
- (n.) The whole surface of an escutcheon; also, so much of it is shown unconcealed by the different bearings upon it. See Illust. of Fess, where the field is represented as gules (red), while the fess is argent (silver).
- (n.) An unresticted or favorable opportunity for action, operation, or achievement; province; room.
- (n.) A collective term for all the competitors in any outdoor contest or trial, or for all except the favorites in the betting.
- (n.) That part of the grounds reserved for the players which is outside of the diamond; -- called also outfield.
- (v. i.) To take the field.
- (v. i.) To stand out in the field, ready to catch, stop, or throw the ball.
- (v. t.) To catch, stop, throw, etc. (the ball), as a fielder.
- (imp. & p. p.) of File