- (n.) One who works with a file.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: FLIER
- (n.) See Flyer, n., 5.
- (n.) See Flyer, n., 4.
- (v.) One who flies or flees; a runaway; a fugitive.
- (v.) A fly. See Fly, n., 9, and 13 (b).
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- A prisoner serving a term of life imprisonment
- (v. t.) To seize and bear away by force; to snatch away; to carry off.
- (v. t.) To strip; to rob; to pillage.
- (v. t.) To raffle.
- (v. i.) To raffle.
- (v. i.) To commit robbery.
- (n.) A gun, the inside of whose barrel is grooved with spiral channels, thus giving the ball a rotary motion and insuring greater accuracy of fire. As a military firearm it has superseded the musket.
- (n.) A body of soldiers armed with rifles.
- (n.) A strip of wood covered with emery or a similar material, used for sharpening scythes.
- (v. t.) To grove; to channel; especially, to groove internally with spiral channels; as, to rifle a gun barrel or a cannon.
- (v. t.) To whet with a rifle. See Rifle, n., 3.