Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: FLIRT
- (a.) Pert; wanton.
- (n.) A sudden jerk; a quick throw or cast; a darting motion; hence, a jeer.
- (v. i.) To run and dart about; to act with giddiness, or from a desire to attract notice; especially, to play the coquette; to play at courtship; to coquet; as, they flirt with the young men.
- (v. i.) To utter contemptuous language, with an air of disdain; to jeer or gibe.
- (v. t.) To throw with a jerk or quick effort; to fling suddenly; as, they flirt water in each other's faces; he flirted a glove, or a handkerchief.
- (v. t.) To toss or throw about; to move playfully to and fro; as, to flirt a fan.
- (v. t.) To jeer at; to treat with contempt; to mock.
- (v. t.) One who flirts; esp., a woman who acts with giddiness, or plays at courtship; a coquette; a pert girl.