- Rise up; "The building rose before them"
- The act of raising something; "he responded with a lift of his eyebrow"; "fireman learn several different raises for getting ladders up"
- Raise in rank or condition; "The new law lifted many people from poverty"
- A ride in a car; "he gave me a lift home"
- Invigorate or heighten; "lift my spirits"; "lift his ego"
- Transportation of people or goods by air (especially when other means of access are unavailable)
- Call to stop the hunt or to retire, as of hunting dogs
- Plastic surgery to remove wrinkles and other signs of aging from your face; an incision is made near the hair line and skin is pulled back and excess tissue is excised; "some actresses have more than one face lift"
- Cancel officially; "He revoked the ban on smoking"; "lift an embargo"; "vacate a death sentence"
- The act of giving temporary assistance
- Make audible; "He lifted a war whoop"
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: FLITS
- A secret move (to avoid paying debts); "they did a moonlight flit"
- A sudden quick movement
- Move along rapidly and lightly; skim or dart; "The hummingbird flitted among the branches"