- (n.) A fluid state.
- (n.) Menstrual flux; catamenia; menses.
- (n.) See Fluorite.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: FLOUR
- (n.) The finely ground meal of wheat, or of any other grain; especially, the finer part of meal separated by bolting; hence, the fine and soft powder of any substance; as, flour of emery; flour of mustard.
- (v. t.) To grind and bolt; to convert into flour; as, to flour wheat.
- (v. t.) To sprinkle with flour.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) A phenol derivative of anthracene obtained as a white crystalline substance, which on oxidation produces a red dyestuff related to anthraquinone.