- (pl.) of Fowl
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: FLOWS
- The act of flowing or streaming; continuous progression
- Undergo menstruation; "She started menstruating at the age of 11"
- The motion characteristic of fluids (liquids or gases)
- Cover or swamp with water
- Dominant course (suggestive of running water) of successive events or ideas; "two streams of development run through American history"; "stream of consciousness"; "the flow of thought"; "the current of history"
- Fall or flow in a certain way; "This dress hangs well"; "Her long black hair flowed down her back"
- Any uninterrupted stream or discharge
- Move or progress freely as if in a stream; "The crowd flowed out of the stadium"
- The monthly discharge of blood from the uterus of nonpregnant women from puberty to menopause; "the women were sickly and subject to excessive menstruation"; "a woman does not take the gout unless her menses be stopped"--Hippocrates; "the semen begins to appear in males and to be emitted
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- Eat hastily; "The teenager wolfed down the pizza"