Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: FOG
- (n.) A second growth of grass; aftergrass.
- (n.) Dead or decaying grass remaining on land through the winter; -- called also foggage.
- (n.) Watery vapor condensed in the lower part of the atmosphere and disturbing its transparency. It differs from cloud only in being near the ground, and from mist in not approaching so nearly to fine rain. See Cloud.
- (n.) A state of mental confusion.
- (v. i.) To practice in a small or mean way; to pettifog.
- (v. i.) To show indistinctly or become indistinct, as the picture on a negative sometimes does in the process of development.
- (v. t.) To pasture cattle on the fog, or aftergrass, of; to eat off the fog from.
- (v. t.) To envelop, as with fog; to befog; to overcast; to darken; to obscure.