Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: FOILS
- A light slender flexible sword tipped by a button
- A piece of thin and flexible sheet metal; "the photographic film was wrapped in foil"
- Picture consisting of a positive photograph or drawing on a transparent base; viewed with a projector
- A device consisting of a flat or curved piece (as a metal plate) so that its surface reacts to the water it is passing through; "the fins of a fish act as hydrofoils"
- Anything that serves by contrast to call attention to another thing's good qualities; "pretty girls like plain friends as foils"
- Cover or back with foil; "foil mirrors"
- Fencing sword
- Hinder or prevent (the efforts, plans, or desires) of; "What ultimately frustrated every challenger was Ruth's amazing September surge"; "foil your opponent"
- Enhance by contrast; "In this picture, the figures are foiled against the background"