- (a.) Of or pertaining to a thread or line; characterized by threads stretched across the field of view; as, a filar microscope; a filar micrometer.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: FRAIL
- (n.) A basket made of rushes, used chiefly for containing figs and raisins.
- (n.) The quantity of raisins -- about thirty-two, fifty-six, or seventy-five pounds, -- contained in a frail.
- (n.) A rush for weaving baskets.
- (superl) Easily broken; fragile; not firm or durable; liable to fail and perish; easily destroyed; not tenacious of life; weak; infirm.
- (superl) Tender.
- (superl) Liable to fall from virtue or be led into sin; not strong against temptation; weak in resolution; also, unchaste; -- often applied to fallen women.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- A shape that spreads outward; "the skirt had a wide flare"
- Distinctive and stylish elegance; "he wooed her with the confident dash of a cavalry officer"
- A natural talent; "he has a genius for interior decorating"