Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: FREEZE
- (n.) A frieze.
- (n.) The act of congealing, or the state of being congealed.
- (v. i.) To become congealed by cold; to be changed from a liquid to a solid state by the abstraction of heat; to be hardened into ice or a like solid body.
- (v. i.) To become chilled with cold, or as with cold; to suffer loss of animation or life by lack of heat; as, the blood freezes in the veins.
- (v. t.) To congeal; to harden into ice; to convert from a fluid to a solid form by cold, or abstraction of heat.
- (v. t.) To cause loss of animation or life in, from lack of heat; to give the sensation of cold to; to chill.