- Station (troops) in a fort
- Enclose by or as if by a fortification
- Gather in, or as if in, a fort, as for protection or defense
- A fortified defensive structure
- A fortified military post where troops are stationed
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: FROST
- (v. i.) The act of freezing; -- applied chiefly to the congelation of water; congelation of fluids.
- (v. i.) The state or temperature of the air which occasions congelation, or the freezing of water; severe cold or freezing weather.
- (v. i.) Frozen dew; -- called also hoarfrost or white frost.
- (v. i.) Coldness or insensibility; severity or rigidity of character.
- (v. t.) To injure by frost; to freeze, as plants.
- (v. t.) To cover with hoarfrost; to produce a surface resembling frost upon, as upon cake, metals, or glass.
- (v. t.) To roughen or sharpen, as the nail heads or calks of horseshoes, so as to fit them for frosty weather.