- (v. t.) To carry or transport over a river, strait, or other narrow water, in a boat.
- (v. i.) To pass over water in a boat or by a ferry.
- (v. t.) A place where persons or things are carried across a river, arm of the sea, etc., in a ferryboat.
- (v. t.) A vessel in which passengers and goods are conveyed over narrow waters; a ferryboat; a wherry.
- (v. t.) A franchise or right to maintain a vessel for carrying passengers and freight across a river, bay, etc., charging tolls.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: FRYER
- Flesh of a medium-sized young chicken suitable for frying
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (Norse mythology) god of earth's fertility and peace and prosperity; son of Njorth and brother of Freya; originally of the Vanir; later with the Aesir