- (Yiddish) glazed yeast-raised doughnut-shaped roll with hard crust
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: GABEL
- (n.) A rent, service, tribute, custom, tax, impost, or duty; an excise.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) A cable.
- (n.) The vertical triangular portion of the end of a building, from the level of the cornice or eaves to the ridge of the roof. Also, a similar end when not triangular in shape, as of a gambrel roof and the like.
- (n.) The end wall of a building, as distinguished from the front or rear side.
- (n.) A decorative member having the shape of a triangular gable, such as that above a Gothic arch in a doorway.