Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: GAINS
- Increase (one's body weight); "She gained 20 pounds when she stopped exercising"
- Increase or develop; "the peace movement gained momentum"; "the car gathers speed"
- Rise in rate or price; "The stock market gained 24 points today"
- Obtain advantages, such as points, etc.; "The home team was gaining ground"; "After defeating the Knicks, the Blazers pulled ahead of the Lakers in the battle for the number-one playoff berth in the Western Conference"
- Reach a destination, either real or abstract;
- Win something through one's efforts; "I acquired a passing knowledge of Chinese"; "Gain an understanding of international finance"
- The amount of increase in signal power or voltage or current expressed as the ratio of output to input
- Earn on some commercial or business transaction; earn as salary or wages; "How much do you make a month in your new job?"; "She earns a lot in her new job"; "this merger brought in lots of money"; "He c