- (a.) Equal; impartial.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: GALE
- (n.) A strong current of air; a wind between a stiff breeze and a hurricane. The most violent gales are called tempests.
- (n.) A moderate current of air; a breeze.
- (n.) A state of excitement, passion, or hilarity.
- (n.) A song or story.
- (n.) A plant of the genus Myrica, growing in wet places, and strongly resembling the bayberry. The sweet gale (Myrica Gale) is found both in Europe and in America.
- (n.) The payment of a rent or annuity.
- (v. i.) To sale, or sail fast.
- (v. i.) To sing.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.sing. & pl.) A Celt or the Celts of the Scotch Highlands or of Ireland; now esp., a Scotch Highlander of Celtic origin.
- (v. i.) To congeal.