- Feeling or showing anger; "angry at the weather"; "angry customers"; "an angry silence"; "sending angry letters to the papers"
- (of the elements) as if showing violent anger; "angry clouds on the horizon"; "furious winds"; "the raging sea"
- Severely inflamed and painful; "an angry sore"
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: GANISTER
- (n.) Alt. of Gannister
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (v. t.) To bind fast; to constrict; to contract; to cause parts to draw together; to compress.
- (v. t.) To bind by moral or legal obligation.
- A framework of steel bars raised on side supports to bridge over or around something; can display railway signals above several tracks or can support a traveling crane etc.
- Area of bar where optics are kept
- Something having the quality of granite (unyielding firmness); "a man of granite"
- Plutonic igneous rock having visibly crystalline texture; generally composed of feldspar and mica and quartz
- A person who shows no gratitude
- Allowing ample room for ranging
- Adapted to wandering or roaming
- Tall and thin and having long slender limbs; "a gangling teenager"; "a lanky kid transformed almost overnight into a handsome young man"
- A city of northern Morocco at the west end of the Strait of Gibraltar; "the first tangerines were shipped from Tangier to Europe in 1841"