Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: GAR
- (n.) To cause; to make.
- (v.) Any slender marine fish of the genera Belone and Tylosurus. See Garfish.
- (v.) The gar pike. See Alligator gar (under Alligator), and Gar pike.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (v. t.) To scold or rail at; to rate; to tease; to torment; to banter.
- (n.) A piece of cloth torn off; a tattered piece of cloth; a shred; a tatter; a fragment.
- (n.) Hence, mean or tattered attire; worn-out dress.
- (n.) A shabby, beggarly fellow; a ragamuffin.
- (n.) A coarse kind of rock, somewhat cellular in texture.
- (n.) A ragged edge.
- (n.) A sail, or any piece of canvas.
- (v. i.) To become tattered.
- (v. t.) To break (ore) into lumps for sorting.
- (v. t.) To cut or dress roughly, as a grindstone.