- (n.) To move to one side and the other, as if about to fall, in standing or walking; not to stand or walk with steadiness; to sway; to reel or totter.
- (n.) To cease to stand firm; to begin to give way; to fail.
- (n.) To begin to doubt and waver in purposes; to become less confident or determined; to hesitate.
- (v. t.) To cause to reel or totter.
- (v. t.) To cause to doubt and waver; to make to hesitate; to make less steady or confident; to shock.
- (v. t.) To arrange (a series of parts) on each side of a median line alternately, as the spokes of a wheel or the rivets of a boiler seam.
- (n.) An unsteady movement of the body in walking or standing, as if one were about to fall; a reeling motion; vertigo; -- often in the plural; as, the stagger of a drunken man.
- (n.) A disease of horses and other animals, attended by reeling, unsteady gait or sudden falling; as, parasitic staggers; appopletic or sleepy staggers.
- (n.) Bewilderment; perplexity.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: GARGETS
- Tall coarse perennial American herb having small white flowers followed by blackish-red berries on long drooping racemes; young fleshy stems are edible; berries and root are poisonous
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- A computer program that attaches labels to the grammatical constituents of textual matter
- Someone who appends or joins one thing to another; "a theory that was simply added on by some anonymous tagger"
- Someone who assigns labels to the grammatical constituents of textual matter
- Graffiti artist who appends their signature or identifying mark to their work.