- (v. t.) To make aghast; to frighten; to terrify. See Aghast.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: GATS
- A gangster's pistol
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) The adult male of the red deer (Cervus elaphus), a large European species closely related to the American elk, or wapiti.
- (n.) The male of certain other species of large deer.
- (n.) A colt, or filly; also, a romping girl.
- (n.) A castrated bull; -- called also bull stag, and bull seg. See the Note under Ox.
- (n.) An outside irregular dealer in stocks, who is not a member of the exchange.
- (n.) One who applies for the allotment of shares in new projects, with a view to sell immediately at a premium, and not to hold the stock.
- (n.) The European wren.
- (v. i.) To act as a "stag", or irregular dealer in stocks.
- (v. t.) To watch; to dog, or keep track of.
- (sports) the act of touching a player in a game (which changes their status in the game)
- A game in which one child chases the others; the one who is caught becomes the next chaser
- A small piece of cloth or paper
- A label written or printed on paper, cardboard, or plastic that is attached to something to indicate its owner, nature, price, etc.
- A label associated with something for the purpose of identification; "semantic tags were attached in order to identify different meanings of the word"
- Provide with a name or nickname
- Attach a tag or label to; "label these bottles"
- Touch a player while he is holding the ball
- Supply (blank verse or prose) with rhymes
- Go after with the intent to catch; "The policeman chased the mugger down the alley"; "the dog chased the rabbit"