- (v. i.) To invent and offer reasons to support or overthrow a proposition, opinion, or measure; to use arguments; to reason.
- (v. i.) To contend in argument; to dispute; to reason; -- followed by with; as, you may argue with your friend without convincing him.
- (v. t.) To debate or discuss; to treat by reasoning; as, the counsel argued the cause before a full court; the cause was well argued.
- (v. t.) To prove or evince; too manifest or exhibit by inference, deduction, or reasoning.
- (v. t.) To persuade by reasons; as, to argue a man into a different opinion.
- (v. t.) To blame; to accuse; to charge with.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: GAURE
- (v. i.) To gaze; to stare.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) A carpenter's tool for boring holes larger than those bored by a gimlet. It has a handle placed crosswise by which it is turned with both hands. A pod auger is one with a straight channel or groove, like the half of a bean pod. A screw auger has a twisted blade, by the spiral groove of which the chips are discharge.
- (n.) An instrument for boring or perforating soils or rocks, for determining the quality of soils, or the nature of the rocks or strata upon which they lie, and for obtaining water.
- (pl.) of Ruga