- (v. t.) To bite, as something hard or tough, which is not readily separated or crushed; to bite off little by little, with effort; to wear or eat away by scraping or continuous biting with the teeth; to nibble at.
- (v. t.) To bite in agony or rage.
- (v. t.) To corrode; to fret away; to waste.
- (v. i.) To use the teeth in biting; to bite with repeated effort, as in eating or removing with the teethsomething hard, unwiedly, or unmanageable.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: GAWN
- (n.) A small tub or lading vessel.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) The jaw, jawbone, or cheek bone.
- (n.) A slap; a blow.
- (n.) See Whang.