- (adv.) Alt. of Agree
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: GEAR
- (n.) Clothing; garments; ornaments.
- (n.) Goods; property; household stuff.
- (n.) Whatever is prepared for use or wear; manufactured stuff or material.
- (n.) The harness of horses or cattle; trapping.
- (n.) Warlike accouterments.
- (n.) Manner; custom; behavior.
- (n.) Business matters; affairs; concern.
- (n.) A toothed wheel, or cogwheel; as, a spur gear, or a bevel gear; also, toothed wheels, collectively.
- (n.) An apparatus for performing a special function; gearing; as, the feed gear of a lathe.
- (n.) Engagement of parts with each other; as, in gear; out of gear.
- (n.) See 1st Jeer (b).
- (n.) Anything worthless; stuff; nonsense; rubbish.
- (v. i.) To be in, or come into, gear.
- (v. t.) To dress; to put gear on; to harness.
- (v. t.) To provide with gearing.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) Coarse wool on the legs of sheep.
- (n.) Violent excitement; eager passion; extreme vehemence of desire, emotion, or suffering, mastering the will.
- (n.) Especially, anger accompanied with raving; overmastering wrath; violent anger; fury.
- (n.) A violent or raging wind.
- (n.) The subject of eager desire; that which is sought after, or prosecuted, with unreasonable or excessive passion; as, to be all the rage.
- (n.) To be furious with anger; to be exasperated to fury; to be violently agitated with passion.
- (n.) To be violent and tumultuous; to be violently driven or agitated; to act or move furiously; as, the raging sea or winds.
- (n.) To ravage; to prevail without restraint, or with destruction or fatal effect; as, the plague raged in Cairo.
- (n.) To toy or act wantonly; to sport.
- (v. t.) To enrage.