- An interest followed with exaggerated zeal; "he always follows the latest fads"; "it was all the rage that season"
- A feeling of intense anger; "hell hath no fury like a woman scorned"; "his face turned red with rage"
- Violent state of the elements; "the sea hurled itself in thundering rage against the rocks"
- A state of extreme anger; "she fell into a rage and refused to answer"
- Something that is desired intensely; "his rage for fame destroyed him"
- Feel intense anger; "Rage against the dying of the light!"
- Be violent; as of fires and storms
- Behave violently, as if in state of a great anger
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: GEARS
- A toothed wheel that engages another toothed mechanism in order to change the speed or direction of transmitted motion
- Set the level or character of; "She pitched her speech to the teenagers in the audience"
- Equipment consisting of miscellaneous articles needed for a particular operation or sport etc.
- A mechanism for transmitting motion for some specific purpose (as the steering gear of a vehicle)
- Wheelwork consisting of a connected set of rotating gears by which force is transmitted or motion or torque is changed; "the fool got his tie caught in the geartrain"
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) See Cigar.