- (superl.) Having largeness of size; of much bulk or magnitude; of great size; large.
- (superl.) Great with young; pregnant; swelling; ready to give birth or produce; -- often figuratively.
- (superl.) Having greatness, fullness, importance, inflation, distention, etc., whether in a good or a bad sense; as, a big heart; a big voice; big looks; to look big. As applied to looks, it indicates haughtiness or pride.
Stuck on a crossword puzzle or Wordle answer?
Enter the word you are trying to solve in the box below, using question marks in place of the letter(s) you don't know.
New! You can also search for definitions and anagrams by typing in a word without any question marks.
Definition of: GIB
- (n.) A male cat; a tomcat.
- (n.) A piece or slip of metal or wood, notched or otherwise, in a machine or structure, to hold other parts in place or bind them together, or to afford a bearing surface; -- usually held or adjusted by means of a wedge, key, or screw.
- (v. i.) To act like a cat.
- (v. i.) To balk. See Jib, v. i.
- (v. t.) To secure or fasten with a gib, or gibs; to provide with a gib, or gibs.