- (superl.) Having largeness of size; of much bulk or magnitude; of great size; large.
- (superl.) Great with young; pregnant; swelling; ready to give birth or produce; -- often figuratively.
- (superl.) Having greatness, fullness, importance, inflation, distention, etc., whether in a good or a bad sense; as, a big heart; a big voice; big looks; to look big. As applied to looks, it indicates haughtiness or pride.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: GIB
- (n.) A male cat; a tomcat.
- (n.) A piece or slip of metal or wood, notched or otherwise, in a machine or structure, to hold other parts in place or bind them together, or to afford a bearing surface; -- usually held or adjusted by means of a wedge, key, or screw.
- (v. i.) To act like a cat.
- (v. i.) To balk. See Jib, v. i.
- (v. t.) To secure or fasten with a gib, or gibs; to provide with a gib, or gibs.