- (n.) The protuberant part of a cask, which is usually in the middle.
- (n.) That part of a ship's hull or bottom which is broadest and most nearly flat, and on which she would rest if aground.
- (n.) Bilge water.
- (v. i.) To suffer a fracture in the bilge; to spring a leak by a fracture in the bilge.
- (v. i.) To bulge.
- (v. t.) To fracture the bilge of, or stave in the bottom of (a ship or other vessel).
- (v. t.) To cause to bulge.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: GIBEL
- (n.) A kind of carp (Cyprinus gibelio); -- called also Prussian carp.