Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: GIFT
- (v. t.) Anything given; anything voluntarily transferred by one person to another without compensation; a present; an offering.
- (v. t.) The act, right, or power of giving or bestowing; as, the office is in the gift of the President.
- (v. t.) A bribe; anything given to corrupt.
- (v. t.) Some quality or endowment given to man by God; a preeminent and special talent or aptitude; power; faculty; as, the gift of wit; a gift for speaking.
- (v. t.) A voluntary transfer of real or personal property, without any consideration. It can be perfected only by deed, or in case of personal property, by an actual delivery of possession.
- (v. t.) To endow with some power or faculty.