Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: GIG
- (n.) A fiddle.
- (n.) A kind of spear or harpoon. See Fishgig.
- (n.) A playful or wanton girl; a giglot.
- (n.) A top or whirligig; any little thing that is whirled round in play.
- (n.) A light carriage, with one pair of wheels, drawn by one horse; a kind of chaise.
- (n.) A long, light rowboat, generally clinkerbuilt, and designed to be fast; a boat appropriated to the use of the commanding officer; as, the captain's gig.
- (n.) A rotatory cylinder, covered with wire teeth or teasels, for teaseling woolen cloth.
- (v. t.) To engender.
- (v. t.) To fish with a gig.